Animal Tortured at SPCA

If you read my previous post when i took Simba to be neuter at SPCA, i never thought that calm place can be that horrible place ever. Malaysian investigation show '360 Degrees' on TV3 highlighting Kuala Lumpur City Hall's (DBKL) alleged dog bashing and cat drowning at their animal pound. Aired at 9pm on Wednesday, 4th February 2009. I didnt watch the show but when i heard about this news, my heart just stopped for a moment and my tears filled my eyes. How can a person did such a thing to man best friends ? All those innocent dogs and cats just being execute just like that. The dog is beaten to death, and the worst part is other dogs that are in line to be execute were watching and scared to death. I believed this happened after i took my Simba to SPCA. I wonder which one of the dogs in the picture that i captured were tortured to death and which cats were drowned to death. 

Meanwhile, when contacted Kuala Lumpur mayor Datuk Ahmad Fuad Ismail said he would not condone such cruelty.

“I will talk to my officers and ask them to investigate the matter.

“And if I catch the people who had allegedly killed the cats and dog at the pound so cruelly, I will duly deal with them,’’ said an enraged Ahmad Fuad.

He said the right procedure was to euthanise stray cats and dogs intravenously as opposed to wringing or breaking their necks.

“If the pound had run out of the drugs needed for euthanasia, they should keep the dogs and feed them until the drugs arrive,’’ added Ahmad Fuad.

The only logic reason why are they doing is to cut cost having to buy the drugs and apparatus needed to euthanise these animals. I believed that this is not the first time happened, which mean many dogs and cats are being executed in this very place ! Last saturday there were a peaceful gathering at SPCA to protest this incident from happening. I just found out last night about it, if not i should have went. 

The things is that animals that are captured in SPCA will be put to 'sleep' after a few years. Though it is no wrong but we still can do something about it by educated people about it and best of all adopt any dogs and cats from the shelter. The beautiful cats and dogs in the pet shop dont need you, they will still have a wonderful life without you. However the animals in the shelter do need a home. You can reduce the numbers of animal in shelter even by adopting any street dogs or cats cuz anyhow , they will be ending up at SPCA anyway.  

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha.... I like this part the best: "The beautiful cats and dogs in the pet shop dont need you, they will still have a wonderful life without you." It sounds so funny...!

Anonymous said...

From ALister